River's Chi House

I have created this free site to provide information that might prove to be helpful to you or your family or friends or even to a stranger or two that might be in need of some help. The second link in the Link section will take you to the introduction to my bog. Links found near the top are the most useful for understanding chi and healing. There are some real treasures here if you but take the time to find them, inshAllah.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

We Are One

(Since I wrote the post below My and I have gotten back together and stronger than ever.)

As I continue on my separation journey from My I realize how many other people are going through similar journeys. I have met so many people in person and online who are having a very hard time handling their separations from people they thought they would spend their lives with. Some were separated by divorce and others by the death of their lovers.Today I met a lady in a store who is devastated and very angry. I shared with her my story and she shared hers. It was very moving for both of us. We both felt better and she said I helped her have a better perspective. She reminded me of the Buddhist teaching I was reading about last night that said we are never alone in our suffering or any other experience. If we can remember that we are One than we can draw on the strength of those who are handling the situation better than we are and we can give strength to those who are having a harder time than we are. It is important to share our stories with each other because to often we feel alone and isolated as we make our way through our individual traumas. But we are never alone in our suffering. There are always vast numbers of humanity going through whatever we are going through. When we reach out to one another and realize that what we are experiencing is being experienced by vast numbers of our species it becomes a little less painful. Our suffering and our pleasure are both inherent in being human and not a personal kick in the heart from the Goddess. I can tell you honestly that implementing the teaching of the Buddha and the love of Sufi people have made this separation less painful and more peaceful than I would have imagined. If you are suffering I urge you to seek refuge in the teaching of the Buddha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home