River's Chi House

I have created this free site to provide information that might prove to be helpful to you or your family or friends or even to a stranger or two that might be in need of some help. The second link in the Link section will take you to the introduction to my bog. Links found near the top are the most useful for understanding chi and healing. There are some real treasures here if you but take the time to find them, inshAllah.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Call To Become A Internal Freedom Fighter

Mahatma Gandhi is one of my favorite Internal freedom fighters. He struggled with his own bad habits as well as against the oppression of his people. Can we do any less?
The photo above is of a young Malcolm X. Malcolm has always been on of my heroes. He found himself in jail because of a series of choices he made, mostly unconsciously. Malcolm could have kept on his self-destructive path but instead he decided to try something very different. He decided to try to understand himself and his society. He decided to stop being a victim of his bad unconscious choices. Instead he started a life long journey of self and social exploration that not only challenged the world to change, but also kept challenging him to keep on changing as his understanding changed. More about him can be found at the following link;
Malcolm with one of his daughters. We change not only for ourselves, but for our family, friends and the people of the world. When one of us changes for the better it helps give faith and hope to our friends, family and society that they too can change.

We must be willing to do what it takes to free ours selves alone or together. Always and everywhere remember, freedom is worth fighting for and the fight is rarely easy or quick or lasting. I urge you to become real freedom fighters for yourselves and for the people of the Earth. The real fight is not with fists or guns but with the mind and emotions and spirit. There is a saying, " If you want to change the World, first be willing to change your self." I have two stepsons, elven and fourteen years old. How can I ask them to change if I am not willing to change? How can I ask them to become more aware of the importance of their choices and not challenge myself to do the same thing? They well not do as I say, if I do not do as I ask them to do. The best thing we men can do for our families besides loving our wives and our children, is to be active examples of people who are committed to changing ourselves for the better

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home